The annual Pennypinchers Adventure Weekend is almost upon us and we’re excited to put you to the test. This year, the event takes place at Cairnbrogie Farm in Plettenberg Bay over the 26th and 27th of March.
Prepare yourself for a weekend filled to the brim with activities suitable for the whole family. Solo fitness enthusiasts, beginners, athletic groups and clubs are encouraged to put their fitness bragging rights to the test.
Fun for Everyone
The Pennypinchers Adventure Weekend has been tailored to people of all ages to have fun while getting in shape. There are several prizes to be won by participants in each category.
Among the many challenges of the weekend for kids between 10 and 12 years old is a 5km fun run. Additionally, parents with young children can participate in the Spur Kiddies Farmyard 1.5km Adventure Trail.
Events that you can look forward to over the Adventure Weekend include:
- Pennypinchers Cairnbrogie Trail Run – This is event consists of several courses tailored for people of different age groups. For the adults, there’s the 18km run, with a prize of R500 up for grabs. For kids aged 12 years old and up, there’s a 12km scenic run and a cash prize of R500 is up for grabs for the winner.
- Pennypinchers Cairnbrogie Trail Park Fun Ride – Designed for the young ones, riders must complete as many laps as they can on this 2.5km track, in the space of an hour. This is ideal for burning off the last of the energy they have from the day’s excitement.
- Pennypinchers Cairnbrogie MTB Nite Relay – Relay teams consisting of two members per team can participate in this event The distance of the track is 4-6 km and all proceeds go towards the Robberg Coastal Corridor Landowners Association.
- Pennypinchers Easter Surf Ski Challenge – With R14 000 up for grabs, this event is not for the fainthearted. A 20km route is selected on the day depending on the conditions of the water. Novices can look forward to a shorter 10km route.
- Pennypinchers “Round the Blinders Dash for Cash” – Paddlers who enter the morning races receive free entry. They also stand a chance to win a weekend for two in the honeymoon suite at Tamodi Lodge.
More Than Tools
We’re dedicated to a lot more than just hardware. At Pennypinchers, we also believe in promoting fitness and optimal health. Luckily, it’s not too late to enter the Pennypinchers Adventure Weekend so get your tickets here and join us.